Version Date: January 31, 2019
BCR Account, Password, and Security:
To register for the Services, you must complete the registration process by providing BCR with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the registration form, including your e-mail address (username) and password (the “BCR Account”). You will protect your passwords and take full responsibility for your BCR Account. You are solely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your BCR Account. You will notify BCR immediately upon learning of any unauthorized use of your BCR Account or any other breach of security. BCR's (or its authorized affiliates/vendors) support staff may, from time to time, log in to your BCR Account (utilizing if necessary username or passwords) in order to maintain or improve its service, including to provide you assistance with technical or billing issues.
Information Collection and Use:
In registering for and using the BCR online self-services websites, including but not limited to businesscreditreports.com and reports.businesscreditreports.com (collectively, the "Site") BCR will collect various contact, identifying and billing information from you. The type of information that may be collected, and the typical purpose for which it may be used, includes without limitation:
- Contact information, such as your name, company name, address, phone number and email address, which is used for authentication, billing and communication purposes. We may share this information with BCR affiliates, vendors and service providers in order to manage the Site and perform the Services;
- Type of Services purchased, when Services were purchased and orders fulfilled, information about business reports purchased;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, IP connections, and usage details such as the dates and times you entered our Site and the time you left our Site;
- Business identifying information provided by a third party; Internet tracking information associated with linking in from other websites and clicking on links provided on the Site connecting to other websites;
- Information for billing purposes, including a credit card number, is collected and used to process online purchase transactions; and
- When registering for Services, BCR will request your name, company name, company telephone number and email address. Other types of personal identification information, such as Social Security number, Federal Tax ID or Driver's License number, are not collected on this Site.
Information Disclosure & Sharing:
BCR will not intentionally disclose or share your information with third parties or use it for any other purpose except as required for: collection purposes for accounts in collection status; in connection with an audit of our systems; pursuant to a legal proceeding such as a subpoena; with affiliates and vendors who help manage and improve the Site and the Services offered; for the purpose of obtaining any Services requested by customer that may require necessary disclosure to an outside third party or vendor; BCR authorized affiliates or vendors; or as otherwise described herein.
When you become a registered user of these Services, you agree to the use of your information as described herein. Once you have registered for this Site we will retain your information indefinitely. You cannot opt-out from BCR disclosing or sharing of your information as otherwise provided for herein. If you need to update your information please contact us at 1-800-748-6290.
Communications from BCR Using the Information, Opt-Out:
We will send you email communications periodically, even if you are not actively using the Services, unless you have opted-out, as described below. BCR will send you email communications for one or more of the following purposes:
(1) Regarding your account; in response to communications from you; regarding Services you have ordered; news and information about BCR services or special offers available on the Site. You may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
(2) Offers and promotions from BCR and BCR affiliates. If you prefer not to receive emails regarding these offers and promotions please unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link in contained in the email, or contact the Help Desk and ask to be unsubscribed from offer and promotion emails.
(3) Marketing emails with offers from third parties that BCR believes may be of interest to business owners or managers. If you have opted-in to receive these emails and want to opt-out please unsubscribe via the unsubscribe link contained in the email, or contact the Help Desk and ask to be unsubscribed from third party offer and promotion emails.
We restrict access to the information you provide to BCR, including any nonpublic personal information, about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide the Services. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information you provide to BCR for your registration and use of the Services. When ordering online, we do not cache, or save, your personal identification information if you skip to another page before you register. BCR employs a Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection that provides an encrypted connection between your computer and BCR. Personal or secure information is encrypted during transmission and is stored on a secure server. Credit card numbers are encrypted when transmitted and remain encrypted when stored (BCR is in compliance with the PCI Data Security Standard).
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You established a password for your access to certain parts of the Site and you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share your password with anyone.
Transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best, as described herein, to protect your information, BCR cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our Site. BCR is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Web Logs and Cookies:
Web log information is automatically gathered every time you visit our Site by the computer that hosts our Site (called a "webserver"). The webserver automatically records non-personal information, such as the date and time you visited our Site, the pages you visited, the website you came from, the type of browser you are using (e.g. Internet Explorer), and the type of operating system you are using (e.g. Windows 7).
Each time you log on, our server software sets a unique session ID known as a "cookie." A cookie contains the ID of the backend session that you are interacting with each time you make a new connection to the webserver. It is passed back to the server for your subsequent activity, user ID, and criteria set information. The cookies are intended to save you time by allowing you to return to pages previously viewed. They are temporary and will be automatically deleted at the end of each session.
Appropriate Business Use:
These Services are not intended for children and all individuals who register and use these services should be 18 years of age or older.
Other Linked Websites:
This Site contains links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other websites. Any other websites that were linked to this Site were linked merely as a convenience to BCR’s customers. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site they should read the privacy statements of any other website that collects personal or company identifiable information.
Disclaimer Of Warranties:
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BCR MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE AND NONINFRINGEMENT RELATED TO THE CONTENT OR USE BY CUSTOMER OF THE SERVICES.